ONE PIECE glossary: M-R|
[A-F / G-L / S-Z]
- MACKEREL HEAD #1 (sabagashira ichigou / ship)
- The little fish-shaped pedal ship equipped with a cannon, used by the crew of the Baratie for naval combat.
- MAKIBISHI JIGOKU (attack)
- See POINTY STAR HELL.
- MARINE (kaigunn / group)
- As you would expect, a military group to go against the pirates. They are referred to as the "Navy" in Japanese,
but alas, Oda-sensei has provided the English as "Marine" (though I really want to make it plural)... Therefore all rankings
will be based on the Navy equivalents and not the Marine Corps equivalients. Their motto of sorts is "absolute
justice", but there are rotten marines out there that don't really follow that motto...
- MASTER OF THE NEAR SEAS (kinkai no nushi / creature)
- A creature resembling a large eel that lives off the coast of Fusha. It is the creature that
swallowed Higuma whole, and bit off Shanks' left arm... but gets blown away by Luffy at the end of the first episode.
- MEAT (niku / food/drink)
- One of Luffy's favorite words when he is hungry (and it looks like it's his favorite food as well).
- MERMAN PIRATE FLEET (gyojinn kaizokudann / group)
- The fleet led by Jinbei, one of the Seven Armed Seas. So far, nothing else is known about them.
- MESHI (location)
- The restaurant that Luffy and company eat while at Usopp's hometown. [Meaning "meal", this is also one of
Luffy's favorite words. ^^:]
- M.H.5 (attack)
- Krieg's chemical warhead (poison gas missile). Don't ask what a pirate is doing with chemical warfare in his
little cannon-shield (right next to a missle filled with ninja stars on top of everything else), just know that
this sucker is a lethal gas and that one shot, if given the right wind conditions, can kill off an entire village.
- MITQUEO (mikkyuo / location)
- Pronounced "mick-you-oh", a continent located in the northern area of the One Piece world.
- MORI NO BANNIN (title)
- See DEFENDER OF THE WOODS.
- MÖWE (brand)
- The letters on Morgan's chin. German for "seagull".
- MUGIWARA BOUSHI (key item)
- See STRAW HAT.
- NEKO NO TE (weapon)
- See CAT'S PAW.
- NEKOYANAGI DAIKOUSHIN (attack)
- See GREAT MARCH OF THE PUSSY-WILLOWS.
- NORTH BLUE (no-su bulu- / location)
- One of the four seas of the world. If you take the Grand Line as the Equator, and the Red Line as the Prime
Meridian, North Blue is the northern half of the Western Hemisphere.
- NOURYOU UCHIAGE HANABI (attack)
- See COOL SUMMER'S FIREWORKS.
- NUKIASHI (attack)
- See FOOT SNEAK.
- ONE PIECE (wannpi-su / key item)
- The title of this series is symbolic of the legendary treasure (most likely worth more than you can ever
imagine) left behind by the late Pirate King, Gold Roger. Roger commented on his deathbed (via execution) that he
left everything he had in one piece (pun intended; why do you think this treasure is called One Piece?) and it was
first come first served. This comment kicked off the Expedition Era in this world.
- ONIGIRI (attack)
- See DEMON SLASH.
- ORBIT (o-bitto / ship)
- The name of the cruise ship that Sanji was training as a chef when he was 10 years old. This ship got attacked
by the Cook Pirate Fleet, which started the awkward relationship between Sanji and Zeff.
- PAN SHARK (pann same / creature)
- The species of shark that was found half-eating Yosaku when the bounty hunter returned to the Baratie after
finding out that Nami was headed to Arlong Park.
- PAPER-THIN MARGIN (kami hitoe / slang)
- Yosaku and Johnny's pet phrase. They always are no match for their opponents, but they always claim that they
lost only by a paper-thin margin. ^^:
- PARTY'S BAR (building)
- The small bar/saloon in Fusha, run by Makino.
- PEARL CLOSE (pa-ru kuro-zu / defense)
- Pearl's attack where he takes the two shields on his hands, and sandwiches the target (usually the head/neck
area, it seems) inbetween the two shields.
- PEARL PRESENT (pa-ru purezento / attack)
- The name of Pearl's punch when he smacks with the shield on the back of his hand.
- PET FOOD (item)
- Food sold in the Pet Shop that Shushu was guarding. Only one crumpled box remained after Richie and
Mohji were done, but Luffy was able to reclaim it for Shushu.
- PET SHOP (building)
- The pet shop that Shushu's owner used to operate. It got looted and burned to the ground by Richie and
- PIRATE KING (kaizoku ou / title)
- The title that was held only by Gold Roger in the past, it now refers to the one who finds the legendary trasure
One Piece and inherits the fame, fortune, and glory of the late Roger.
- POINTY STAR HELL (makibishi jigoku / attack)
- One of Usopp's attacks, where he throws those pointy ninja star ground mine thingies (anyone know what they
are called?) all around him.
- PORCUPINE CAPE (kenzann manto / armor)
- A feature of Krieg's breastplate. Numerous needles can be pulled out of the woodworks to cover the surface of the
armor like a porcuppine. "Kenzan" actually means the prickly base for flower arrangements (called a "frog" in
that industry, IIRC), but liberties were taken. sorry. ^^;;
- RED LINE (akai tsuchi no tairiku (reddorainn) / location)
- The name of the continent that goes all the way around the world, splitting the waters of the world into two.
It also serves as the reference line for sailing the Grand Line.
- RYOURICHOU DROP (attack)
- See HEAD CHEF DROP.
- RYOURICHOU GISOKU KICK (attack)
- See HEAD CHEF FAKE LEG KICK.