Death By Chocolate
A Fatal Dessert You Can Make in Just One Hour
There seem to be many recipes with the label Death By Chocolate,
but this one has been my favorite, introduced to me by
Dan Bower and
Tim Dailey. Tim was the usual cook
for the recipe on our Sunday night dinners we used to have in
- 24 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 quarters unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 6 whole extra large eggs
- Melt 2 sticks of butter and 16 oz. of chocolate
in a double boiler.
- Warm 6 eggs in hot water.
- Coat a 9" spring form pan with butter. Make it watertight with foil.
- Beat the eggs whole until they are fluffy (like a meringue)
- Slowly fold the melted butter and chocolate
in to the eggs.
- Place the mixture int he sprin form pan. Place the pan in a
larger pan partly filled with warm water.
- Bake at 425 degrees farenheit for 5 minutes. Cover with foil and
bake at 425 degrees farenheit for another 10 minutes.
- Pour on topping.
Test the topping by stirring. It is ready whe na drop "mounds" before
disappearing into the rest. If it is too think - thin with warm liquer. If it
is too thin, add more chocolate, re-heat and
test it again.
- Scald 2/3 cups of heavy cream in a sauce pan. Remove from heat.
- Add 6oz. of finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- Cover and let stand for five minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
The Chocolate Page
The Food Page
Return to the control division.
Page maintainer: firstname.lastname@example.org