James E. Kasprzak
1170 Springfield Avenue
New Providence, NJ 07974
Phone: (908) 286-0550
Objective: A strategic position that will take advantage of my communication skills and knowledge of the information technology industry.
Note: Currently considering only full-time opportunities, no consulting. Would prefer to work in New York metropolitan area or Seattle. Will not relocate to California or anywhere south of Washington, DC.
Medco Health Solutions (formerly Merck-Medco)
100 Parsons Pond Drive, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
Senior Business Analyst
December 1999-April 2001:
Siebel Systems, Inc., Life Sciences Division
51 JFK Parkway, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Managed customer requirements analysis, detailed solution design, and project planning for the implementation of Siebel solutions in pharmaceutical organizations with several hundred to several thousand users.
- Created design specification reports and presentations on integrated solutions to meet customer technical requirements such as telephone voice response, remote laptop and handheld device management, and data mart-based OLAP analysis of customer contact and sales information.
- Wrote and edited technical proposals and RFP responses for Siebel Systems' sales force automation and customer relationship management solutions for pharmaceutical companies.
- Provided product functional and technical expertise for sales force automation, product information call center, field service product management, and contact relationship management solutions.
June 1998-December 1999:
Siwel Consulting, Inc.
15 West 24th Street, New York, NY 10010
Technical Sales Specialist
- Managed the implementation of projects, including resource allocation, project scheduling, personnel management, and troubleshooting.
- Designed and architected business intelligence solutions based on IBM hardware and database platforms for banking, finance, and insurance businesses.
- Performed customer systems assessment and needs analysis by interfacing with technical and management personnel to determine the appropriate solution.
- Integrated hardware and software products to provide comprehensive solutions based on customer requirements and optimal technology.
- As a representative of an IBM Premier Business Partner, maintained relationships between IBM and its customers by assuring proper support and customer satisfaction.
March 1997-June 1998:
Progressive Strategies, Inc.
545 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016
- Provided technical expertise on sales calls for a company providing technical and marketing analysis of hardware and software products.
- Conducted research on product areas in order to identify competing products for analysis.
- Wrote proposals for technical analysis, marketing analysis, and due diligence/advisory services.
- Developed and implemented standards and policies for sales department, including guidelines for proposals and definition of duties and responsibilities for account manager and project coordinator positions.
- Performed hands-on technical analysis of host connectivity and Web-to-host data access products.
- Wrote and edited documents detailing the relative strengths and weaknesses of software products and providing manufacturers' sales personnel with strategies for positioning their products against competitors.
Sept. 1995-Feb. 1997:
Cantor Fitzgerald Securities, Network Systems Department
One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10048
Technical Writer and Technical Support Coordinator (Consulting)
- Supervised technical staff providing support to several hundred users in a financial trading floor environment.
- Wrote and taught a series of training courses to introduce new employees to the business and technical aspects of the company.
- Developed and implemented an online hypertext-based telephone directory and other online reference applications.
- Documented network systems for large financial institution using DEC minicomputers, IBM and Sun servers, and several hundred PC's.
- Documented remote network connections including WAN's, T1 dedicated links and Internet connections.
- Wrote documentation to be used by systems, user support, and end user personnel for bond trading applications.
- Created and implemented a standardized format for application and network documentation.
May 1994-May 1995:
Loan Pricing Corporation, Software Development Department
135 West 50th Street, New York, NY 10020
- Pre-sales systems engineering of Windows-based database package for the syndicated commercial loan market.
- Configured client-server database systems using Watcom SQL database software on Novell networks.
- Research and development for remote update of databases via WAN, direct modem connection, Internet and X.25 networks.
- Wrote documentation for software products as well as proposals for new products and in-house network improvements.
- Novell Netware administration, hardware and software support.
May 1989-May 1994:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,
Information Technology Services
110 Eighth Street, Troy, NY 12180
- User support and troubleshooting in a large university computing environment, including over 200 Ethernet-linked Unix workstations and personal computers.
- Trained and supervised workers for technical support duties.
- Performed help desk support, including maintaining a database of problems and solutions.
- Wrote instructions for operators' duties and procedures, including documentation for in-house software.
- Research and development on computer mediated communications, including real-time chat programs, interactive media, and hypertext literature.
- Development of web pages.
Sept. 1986-Dec. 1989
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
Majored in computer science and physics.
New Horizons Computer Training Institute, New York, NY
Novell Certified Netware Engineer training for Netware 3.12.
IBM Professional Certification Program
IBM Certified Specialist - RS/6000 Solution Sales
IBM Certified Specialist - Business Intelligence for RS/6000
Siebel 7 Essentials
- Computer Hardware
- Unix workstations (Hewlett-Packard and Sun), IBM Netfinity, RS/6000, and RS/6000 SP, AS/400, and mainframes (3090, ES/9000, and S/390), DEC VAX and Alpha, IBM and Macintosh personal computers.
- Operating Systems
- Unix (AIX, BSD, and HP/UX), DOS 6.0, Windows and Windows for Workgroups 3.1, Windows NT Server 5.0 beta with Microsoft SMS, Windows 95/98/2000, OS/2, VMS, MTS/XA.
- Siebel 7 Sales, Siebel 7 SmartScript, Siebel Call Center 2000, Siebel ePharma 2000, Siebel eClinical 2000, Business Objects, Oracle 8i, Microsoft SMS, Oracle Application Server 3.0, Centura ForeSite 2.5, Attachmate Extra Personal Client 6.2, IBM Personal Communications 4.2, Watcom SQL 4.0, Novell Netware 3.12 with TCP/IP and Appletalk support, Netware Connect, Kermit, Visio Technical, RoboHelp 95, MS Office Suite 97, MS Access, Lotus 1-2-3 release 4, WordPerfect 5.0, TeX and LaTeX.
Click here to return to my Home page.